Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts

Hi it's Cora! Today I was browsing my cookbooks and I came across my Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and I found this delicious recipe and I wanted to show you guys it.

Ingredients
  • 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 stick (2 tbs.) butter
  • 1 cup chopped canned chestnuts
  • 2 tbs. dark or light brown sugar
  • a pinch of nutmeg
Directions
  1. Bring the sprouts, water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 7 minutes, until sprouts are tender. Drain the sprouts and cut into quarters.
  2. Heat the butter in a skillet until foaming. Add the sprouts, chestnuts, brown sugar and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, just until heated through. Serve immediately.

                                                          Serves 4-6

I did not make this recipe Dinah Bucholz wrote it. It cam be found in The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook on page 84 chapter 5 The Favorite Cook's Dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment